Saturday, November 7, 2020

Heavy Tactical Cargo Truck

I’ve long since lost count where I am as far as building out all of my Call of Duty Mega Construx and Bloks sets.. it’s all become a blur of brick building enjoyment and satisfaction.

With that said.. my review and summary of..



Mega Construx
Call of Duty
FVG06
Heavy Tactical Cargo Truck 643pcs
2018



Review video on YouTube https://youtu.be/QcKbdOJrH3k
I’ve added a lot of new photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/VcdmQprQJrMfbmE39
Features 3 figures.
This was such a satisfying build. As I continue on the journey of exploring brick building toys outside of traditional Lego offering I’m exceedingly amazed at the variety of themes and quality offered out there in the world.
Mega over the years has had a rocky and troubled relationship with its customer base. Poor element quality and even weaker clutch and grip riddled many ealry sets and lines. But Call of Duty never suffered any of those hiccups.
By 2018.. Mega had fully transitioned into the company it is today with modern bricks and exceptional quality. The Call of Duty line being the recipient of the best from Mega. Brick quality, great figure design and quality designs.
This Cargo Truck set had a lot to offer. It features a lot of detail and play features all combined into this little truck. The cab over design is nice and opens to reveal access to the engine.


The cab also has space for 2 figs and a removable roof for easy access. Mostly helpful for inserting figures. The roof also features a hatch to place a figure in.
The rear of the truck is covered with a price of mesh that seems to be an idea fit for the truck at this scale. Apparently if you have the Cargo Boxes that Mega used to sell you can swap out the back of the truck for one of those. I don’t have any so I could t test this.
You get the typical small cargo/weapons box. For me these are handy for keeping the handful of spares you get with this set.

I’ve posted some shots of the figures. As always Mega continues to knock these out of the park. Includes are some muzzle flashes. Nice effect.
I think if I have a single real complaint with this set.. like most of the call of duty line from Mega is that I’m not sure how well this set scales to other vehicle sets, the figures and other Mega Call of Duty sets.
This isn’t a unique problem to Mega. I have the same problem with most theme from most companies including Lego. Compare Lego SW Landspeeder to the X-Wing to the Millennium Falcon and you’ll see what I mean.
If you judge this set on its own it’s a work of art. Mega Call of Duty sets are more Model Set than Brick Toy. You really feel like you are building a more mature set when building this compared to a comparable toy set from Lego.
Finding this set isn’t easy as it’s been discontinued for awhile. If you have this set I imagine you love it as much as I do. If you haven’t had an opportunity to get this set.. I hope that changes cause it’s a great set.
You could easily build a diorama around this set and end up with a great result. It’s a great toy, and a great display set.
Very pleased I added it to the collection of military based brick toy builds.
Check out my Review Video on YouTube https://youtu.be/QcKbdOJrH3k

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Star Wars The Freemaker Adventures 75145

 Today's REPLAY Video moment..  Lego Star Wars The Freemaker Adventures 75145 Eclipse Fighter 2016 349pcs 2 Minifigures sw0751 Dengar (w...